Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KimmyJ

Newly Diagnosed, Looking For An Md In Slc, Utah

Hi everyone!

I was just diagnosed with DH after having this misdiagnosed rash for almost 5 years now. It disappeared while I was pregnant and came back postpartum with a vengence, until I finally decided I needed to see another doctor about it, because I was convinced that it was not just eczema like a previous MD had said. I did a little research of my own before going to the doctor and found some info about DH that perfectly described what I was suffering through. So in short, I went in to a walk-in clinic up in Calgary, Canada and insisted on a skin biopsy and the blood work to test for Celiac. It all came back positive, so here I am, newly gluten-free without much of a support group. Anyhow, I am only in Canada temporarily, I'm staying with family here while my husband is in Iraq, and I will be headed back to SLC soon and I really need a doctor in that area who will be open and willing to work this through with me. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! TIA!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Some great gastroenterologists would be Dr. Dan Jackson and Dr. Janet Harnsberger. I go to a great Naturopathic doctor named Dr. Todd Cameron. Good luck!

where are these doctors located?

i also am looking for a new gastro. anyone know who in the SLC/Provo area is good?

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

These names are great to start with. Let's hope a few more surface here, I am also transitioning to gluten-free in the SLC area and am having a hard time finding doctors who get it.

A few months back at the SL GIG meeting a Dr. Karnam (I think that was how you spelled it) from the Provo area spoke to the group. He seemed extremely knowledgeable about Celiac disease. I live in the SLC area and thought about driving down to see him, haven't done it yet.

Positive for dermatitis herpetiformis via skin biopsy and blood tests 6/21/07

Gluten free since 6/25/07