This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Arizona

Tsweeney

Tsweeney Newbie

Hi...I live in Arizona (originally from California) and I wanted to know if there are any fellow AZ members that can recommend some good Gluten free restaurants (or specificic item from a local restaurant)...

Thanks,

Tina :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Worriedwife Apprentice

Where in Arizona are you?

aggieceliac Newbie

I do not live in Arizona but I have some family there and have visited a few times since diagnosis. Phoenix should have all the major chains (Outback, P.F.Changs, PeiWei, etc.) THere is a pizza place called Picazzo's that is wonderful. And if In N Out is near you (mostly in CA and NV but I think they have branched to AZ...now waiting for them to get to TX) thats a good fast food place to eat

Lisa Mentor
I do not live in Arizona but I have some family there and have visited a few times since diagnosis. Phoenix should have all the major chains (Outback, P.F.Changs, PeiWei, etc.) THere is a pizza place called Picazzo's that is wonderful. And if In N Out is near you (mostly in CA and NV but I think they have branched to AZ...now waiting for them to get to TX) thats a good fast food place to eat

Picazzo's, ummmm. I've been there once, I thought I was in heaven. :rolleyes:

Cynbd Contributor

You are so lucky.... I am from California too, and Arizona has Picazzos. It is sooo good. My parents live in Mesa so I head out that way every so often. They have one in Tempe, Flagstaff, and somewhere else I can't remember, but google it.

Also, there is Joe's BBQ in Gilbert which I used to always go to when I was visiting out there prior to going gluten-free. So I recently emailed them, their BBQ sauce is gluten-free (it's Heinz based) so some of their meets are safe. I just sent them an email last week and got a response if you are interested I will post it or forward it to you.

I am jealous.

Lisa Mentor
You are so lucky.... I am from California too, and Arizona has Picazzos. It is sooo good. My parents live in Mesa so I head out that way every so often. They have one in Tempe, Flagstaff, and somewhere else I can't remember, but google it.

Also, there is Joe's BBQ in Gilbert which I used to always go to when I was visiting out there prior to going gluten-free. So I recently emailed them, their BBQ sauce is gluten-free (it's Heinz based) so some of their meets are safe. I just sent them an email last week and got a response if you are interested I will post it or forward it to you.

I am jealous.

Scottsdale.

Tsweeney Newbie

I live in Lake Havasu, which DOES have an In N Out, and yes, I love their protein burgers...we have a Carls Jr. too which offers a lettuce wrapped chicken club that is very tasty. We are limited to restaurants here...Red Robin, just got a Golden Corral, IHOP, Bob's Big Boy and various family owned restaurants...However there is a mall being built that should be completed by March 08...rumor has it it will have a food court (crossing fingers for something with good wheat free choices)!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Worriedwife Apprentice

We live in Yuma, and pass through Lake Havasu from time to time. We have had good luck at the Javelina Cantina, which is just over the bridge. We explained my husband's issues, and they let us know about anything on the menu that might contain gluten. They said that they have had a lot of questions about this recently, and their staff is definitely becoming more informed about the issue.

Good luck with your search!

• 3 weeks later...
Jodi Mills Apprentice
We live in Yuma, and pass through Lake Havasu from time to time. We have had good luck at the Javelina Cantina, which is just over the bridge.

I will be passing through AZ in about a month, Well Staying in Peoria for a couple weeks, then up to Yuma, Ya'll seem to know the good places to eat!

Worriedwife Apprentice

Yuma is not really a big town. We have an Outback, which is always a great place to eat. Lots of places to have Mexican food. Since real Mexican food doesn't generally contain gluten, it's a good place to start. Always remember to discuss your issues with the staff, wherever you're eating!

Will you be passing through Yuma or staying here?

Jodi Mills Apprentice
Yuma is not really a big town. We have an Outback, which is always a great place to eat. Lots of places to have Mexican food. Since real Mexican food doesn't generally contain gluten, it's a good place to start. Always remember to discuss your issues with the staff, wherever you're eating!

Will you be passing through Yuma or staying here?

We will be passing through, I am not sure how long we will be staying, My boyfriends mother lives there, so we are going to go visit her on our journey to utah. i would guess probably a week or two that we will be there. same with peoria, i think maybe 2 weeks to a month that we will be there, depends on how long sean can handle his family!

Archived