Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

home_based_mom

Huncan Hines / Pillsbury Frostings

I baked a Pamela's Chocolate Cake - with added chocolate chips because you can't have too much chocolate. ;) I bought some Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Frosting for it because the ingredients don't raise any red flags. My daughter wants to use Pillsbury Vanilla Funfetti, and those ingredients don't raise any red flags either.

Anyone have any experience with either of these?

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I called Duncan Hines. They assured me their frostings were gluten-free except for any with cookies, coconut, buttercream, or whipped. The Dark chocolate is our FAVORITE!!!!!!!!! I don't know about the other. I stick with Duncan Hines dark chocolate or make my own cream cheese frosting.

Enjoy!

Gina

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

Join eNewsletter

I called Duncan Hines. They assured me their frostings were gluten-free except for any with cookies, coconut, buttercream, or whipped. The Dark chocolate is our FAVORITE!!!!!!!!! I don't know about the other. I stick with Duncan Hines dark chocolate or make my own cream cheese frosting.

Enjoy!

Gina

Thanks! B):D

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Join eNewsletter

Enjoy!

Gina

Duncan Hines has changed formulas apparently, when did you call? I found this and lots of similar replies:

http://glutenfreeinsd.com/desserts.html

Also, Lani K. Thompson from the Clan Thompson lists emailed: "Duncan Hines told me today (January 24, 2007) that they no longer consider any of their frostings to be gluten free because they are manufactured in a facility that shares lines with gluten containing products. Also, they would give no information about specific flavors of their frosting when I spoke with them on the phone. They just emphasize that no matter what the ingredient panel says, none of the frostings are gluten free."

Unless they changed again, which is possible, it is something we need to stay away from.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter