Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

munkee41182

Bob's Red Mill Products

My future mother-in-law and sent me some Bob's Red Mill brownie, pancake and bread mixes. I already devoured the brownies (I've come to realize that pretty much anything gluten-free chocolate is pretty darned good), but what about the pancake and breadmix? If they're good I'll make them, if not I"ll see if I can' bring them to my local store to exchange it for another brand.

Thanks

Happy Friday!

Jami

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, I for one do not buy ANY of Bob's bean flours (not soy either). They stone grind their flours, which in the case of beans, creates too much heat, breaking down the oils in the beans. The result is rancid flour right out of the mill.

So if they don't have any bean flours, then they're probably ok. But I think I saw bean flours listed on at least one of their mixes.

Come to think of it, I'm not very impressed with their buckwheat flour either. For that I like Arrowhead Mills, who's millet and soy flours have always been good too.

Incidentally, DO try Bob's baking powder. It is infinitely better than Rumford.

That's my two cents...

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Very Interesting......I'll have to check the lables to see what they contain as these two are mixes (just add eggs and whatever other ingredients they ask throw it in the over and you're done). Heck I'll jsut try them and if they're nasty I just won't try them again!

Jami

Very Interesting......I'll have to check the lables to see what they contain as these two are mixes (just add eggs and whatever other ingredients they ask throw it in the over and you're done). Heck I'll jsut try them and if they're nasty I just won't try them again!

I love thier products. I've tried the biscuit mix, which I believe has garbonzo bean flour in the ingredients, and it tasted fine to me :) although I dont think the pancake mix would taste good with the bean flour, but I could be wrong..

The pancakes are ok - I'm not a fan of their stuff because its too heavy for me. The bean flour makes the stuff so dense, it makes me kind of nauseous. I am a huge fan of gluten free pantry - their french bread mix is the best I've found so far.