Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diann Polchinski

Is Carmel Coloring Safe Or Not

I have not been drinking coke or D.P. as they use carmel coloring as quite a few other items I am used to in the kitchen, I just read that carmel coloring is no longer thought to have gluten in it. Before I add ice to a much wanted coke, I thought I had best ask here as many of you have been at this far longer than I and should be up to date on what is good and not. I am reading as much as I can right now, I know this takes time. Also, my son and I who have just been on the diet for just over a week are having bad headaches and stomach pains and upset. The trembling in our hands has stopped so that's one good sign that something is working right? thanks for any input. Diann

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

One of the members said that caramel color is safe in USA. It depends on were it is produced. In my country for example it is not safe.

One week is too short for all the symptoms to go away. As for the trembling in your hands, I didn't know that this was a celiac symptom...

Meline

Celiac September 2007

Graves disease June 2008

Candida overgrowth / started treatment November 2008

Caramel color *may* contain gluten, but in the USA it usually doesn't. You still have to check each time, though. Coke and Pepsi are gluten-free so go ahead and enjoy!

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.