Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

calvin

Yorkshire Pudding

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have had success using Sylvan Borders flour mix and adding a half-teaspoon of gluten-free baking powder with the dry ingredients. Then just bake as usual. I also use 2 eggs per cup of flour; I believe most standard recipes call for that as well.

Good luck!

Guest Leidenschaft

My kindom for a Yorkie!!!! :rolleyes:

shawnmcb... not sure where you're at... where do I get this flour mix?? I'm in New Brunswick, Canada.

Also, could you share the whole recipe that you have success with??

Oh, wow do I miss yorkies! :unsure:

Guest Leidenschaft

luvs2eat, that baby is now 80 lb. Arrow von der Leidenschaft, a Giant Schnauzer. His dam died giving birth (in whelp) and he was the sole survivor (first born) of 13 pups! :( It was a bad day, however it was a privilege and an awesome experience hand raising him. The pacifier was given to him immediately after his bottle, just long enough for his belly to tell his brain he was indeed full! :rolleyes: He went through that stage for about a week! They grow up so much faster than children! :unsure: You can see many more baby pics of Arrow on our website, the link is at the bottom of my signature. :D

Now back on topic! ;) Thanks for the link for the bread mix, I'm hoping that shawnmcb will share the complete recipe! :rolleyes:

Okay, here's my full recipe.

gluten-free Yorkshire Pudding

(Makes 12 regular-sized "muffins"

2/3 cup of gluten-free flour mix (any)

1/3 cup of corn starch or potato starch

1/2 tsp. salt (or up to 1 tsp

Guest Leidenschaft

Awesome! :D Thanks for sharing! I will let you all know how I make out... to be fair, my "old" Yorkie recipe turned out like Hockey Pucks half the time! :lol: We loved them anyway! :rolleyes:

Guest BellyTimber

shawnmcb,

Here is (another) Englishman whose heart you've gladdened.

Haven't tried it out yet, am taping it ti my kitchen door posts.

Thanks to Shawn, I'm so happy!

I'm an American, but my in-laws always have a full English dinner for holidays- roast beef, yorkshire pudding and plum pudding at Christmas. I LOVE Yorkshire Pudding and was worried that I wouldn't be able to have it now.

I enjoy cooking and decided to try the recipe. It was FABULOUS! I'm so excited. To make the recipe easy I used 2/3 cup of Bob's Red Mill Wheat Free Biscuit & Baking Mix and omitted the salt, baking powder, and xanthum gum from Shawnmcb's recipe (Bob's has those in it already). I used the potato starch plus I used 3 whole eggs and 1 cup of milk. It was a little stiff, so I added an extra splash of milk.

I used my blender, blending the eggs and milk first and adding the dry ingredients after. I'm not sure how long I cooked them but they were hot, browned and had risen very well.

Thanks to everyone.

~Laura