Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yllehs91

Gf Bread

I make my own bread in my bread maker and I use the gluten-free pantry bread mixes. The bread isnt horrible, but it always turns out really spongy and falls to pieces if i bite into it or cut it. :( And I dont normally buy the gluten-free store bread bcuz its rock solid! Any suggestions? Thanks.. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Kinnikinnick bread is really good and Foods By George has some english muffins plain and cinnamon flavors that taste delicious when toasted :D

Well, I'm going to give Manna from Anna a try, but for something already made up, I vote Kinnickinnick...........I had my first loaf recently and fell in love..

But would love to know if anyone has developed a knock-off recipe for it (the Italian Tapioca, I think it's called) since I have to drive 1 1/2 hrs to get it and then can't be guaranteed it will be in stock.

Also, about the Kinnickinnick........anyone looked at that loaf? It's short but high. I'm wondering if an odd shaped pan is one of the secrets to it's success, and if so, why can't WE buy loaf pans like that? (Inquiring minds want to know..)

Kandee