thebigun

Diarrhoea And Fybogel

Rate this topic

Hi

Just discovered I'm gluten intollerant, more tests soon....

Newbie question, but when I get bad attacks, should I take something like fybogel to stop the diarrhoea or let my body get rid of the gluten - as it were!

Thanks

Hi

Just discovered I'm gluten intollerant, more tests soon....

Newbie question, but when I get bad attacks, should I take something like fybogel to stop the diarrhoea or let my body get rid of the gluten - as it were!

Thanks

My google fu indicates that Fybogel is a laxative, so that would be no. Imodium works well and is gluten-free. In the fairly short run (like when your tests are done), hopefully you'll be giving up gluten and your diarrhea/diarrhoea problem will be at an end. Best of luck and welcome, regardless.

I would strongly advise NOT trying Rheaban for diarrhea. I tried it a couple times and both times made it even worse. This was pre-gluten-free so I didn't read the label. For some reason, it had the opposite effect on me. :(

Thank you both for that, very helpful. I was prescribed this by my GP as a bulking agent when in the current cycle of investigations he thought it might be IBS. Hence the question.

I'll try the immodium till I get the chance to see my GP again, but my worry was that if I took something that slowed my gut down it would keep the wheat there longer - possibly causing more damage?

Thanks for your time :)