Cherry Tart

C Issues - Help :(

Rate this topic

Hello Friends!

I desperately need your suggestions...

I have a 4 month old baby and I'm breastfeeding.........and I'm have major issues with the Big C. I had this problem toward the latter part of my pregnancy and right after delivery but, these issues usually resolved within a few hours of taking Senokot or drinking tea. This has been going on for 2 days and I'm freaking out! I don't feel well at all. I've read all of the old posts about C and they mention impaction - yikes, what if that happens to me? Sorry - TMI. Please share if you know of any remedies that are OK to take while breastfeeding. I've been gluten-free for several years and have not had any problems with the Big C other than when I was pregnant. Please help! :unsure:

Your advice is greatly appreciated :)

well, I wasn't gluten-intolerant when I was pregnant and I didn't breastfeed. But my first thought was iron or iron supplements or medications. Alot of iron or taking iron supplements will tend to constipate one. And some meds will. Are you taking any of the above??

I got it too when I was breastfeeding. It was mainly due to not drinking enough water, for me anyway. SO, definitely drink 8 - 10 glasses of water a day. Metamucil also helped. Hot herbal tea or hot apple juice will help as well. Prune juice works for lots of people. You could also try Miralax, it is very gentle - not a stimulant, you can get it over the counter.