Liddle4

Brownies With No Egg

Rate this topic

My son has celiac and is also allergic to egg. Does anyone know a good brownie mix that does not involve egg or no of a good substitue for egg?

For baking, I generally have good success with Ener-G egg replacer. Sometimes I find that I have to add a couple tablespoons more liquid to make the egg equivalent.

The Ener-G works well. You can also use flax meal and water, mashed banana or applesauce. I used the Betty Crocker mix. Worked well.

I've had the gluten-free Trader Joe's brownie mix. They are free of gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, milk and dairy, soy and corn. Mmmm! It's good and reasonably priced, imo. Over here, they are $2.99. They also have a pancake mix for the same price and free of the same things.

Hi There, I prefer Whole Foods 360 brownie mix. I use black beans.

Directions:

Open black beans (whole) drain the water (gets rid of some of the sodium), fill up with regular water.

Put the can of black beans into the blender and puree.

Put the brownie mix into mixing bowl, add pureed black beans and mix.

Put brownie mix into baking pan, bake as directed.

I know what your thinking... black beans! But they taste really good. You can't even tell that they are in there. :D Promise.

The traders joes brand works too. The Whole Foods has little chocolate chips and is super yummy, a little pricer though.

If you google vegan gluten free brownies there is a good recipe on recipezarr and others too.