Jennifer2

Check Your Cottage Cheese

Rate this topic

I just got off of the phone with the Kroger customer service dietician to check on their microwavable bacon with smoke flavoring (gluten-free!), and while I was on the phone she warned me that the Kroger brand cottage cheese is currently not gluten-free due to some processing error in one of the ingredients (sorry I didn't catch all the details), she also said that there were only 4 plants in the US that do this, so I should check up on any brand of cottage cheese that I use.

Jen

Roberts Cottage Cheese is safe thankfully (have it daily with no reactions as of yet). Can't stand any other brand but Roberts so far.

Darigold Cottage Cheese is listed on many gluten free lists that I have found on the web. But I actually took the time to contact them and confirm the 4% is indeed gluten free. Surprise surprise, it is NOT. It contains Maltodextrin which is not listed in the ingredients on the container so it isn't really gluten free. 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, OregonDee said:

Darigold Cottage Cheese is listed on many gluten free lists that I have found on the web. But I actually took the time to contact them and confirm the 4% is indeed gluten free. Surprise surprise, it is NOT. It contains Maltodextrin which is not listed in the ingredients on the container so it isn't really gluten free. 

Maltodextrin is gluten-free.  But it should be listed as an ingredient.

http://www.darigold.com/products/cottage-cheese/4percent-large-curd-cottage-cheese

Edited by kareng

Daisy cottage cheese and sour cream is best. No garbage ingredients.