GRUMP 1

Spring Rolls Or Egg Rolls

Rate this topic

I don't know if they are really the same thing or not my I am looking for a recipe for either spring rolls or egg rolls. Please I do not do pork or shrimp. But maybe I could use chicken in them or just veggies. I have the rice wraps just need a recipe for them now.

Thank you,

Grump

I have made egg rolls with chicken and veggies but not spring rolls.

Here is a recipe for spring rolls:

http://www.gfandhealthy.com/2008/04/16/summerrolls

I make my filling so that it's pretty versatile.

2 scrambled eggs (cooked, cooled, & hacked up into really little nuggets)

2 bags shredded cole slaw mix (with carrots, green cabbage only)

fresh ginger & garlic (grated to taste)

ground chicken (browned, cooled, & crushed up if it's leftover)

soy sauce

If you're starting with all raw ingredients, cook the eggs first, crumble & set aside. Use enough oil to keep egg from sticking, cook over medium-medium high heat.

Then brown the chicken with ginger, garlic, and some black pepper to taste. Make sure you use a fair amount of oil, a couple of tablespoons at least. You want it to be moist. Add in the cole slaw mix, and re-season with more ginger and garlic. Cook just until the cabbage is mostly wilted but still has a little bit of crunch to it.

Season with soy sauce to taste, cook another minute or two and set aside to cool.

Wrap in spring/egg rolls as desired.

The whole thing takes roughly 20 minutes.

I make my filling so that it's pretty versatile.

2 scrambled eggs (cooked, cooled, & hacked up into really little nuggets)

2 bags shredded cole slaw mix (with carrots, green cabbage only)

fresh ginger & garlic (grated to taste)

ground chicken (browned, cooled, & crushed up if it's leftover)

soy sauce

If you're starting with all raw ingredients, cook the eggs first, crumble & set aside. Use enough oil to keep egg from sticking, cook over medium-medium high heat.

Then brown the chicken with ginger, garlic, and some black pepper to taste. Make sure you use a fair amount of oil, a couple of tablespoons at least. You want it to be moist. Add in the cole slaw mix, and re-season with more ginger and garlic. Cook just until the cabbage is mostly wilted but still has a little bit of crunch to it.

Season with soy sauce to taste, cook another minute or two and set aside to cool.

Wrap in spring/egg rolls as desired.

The whole thing takes roughly 20 minutes.

That is similar to my egg roll recipe. I skip the eggs and add bean sprouts. I bake the egg rolls. Was wondering if you cook your spring rolls after rolling them...not stated, so I wanted to be sure...THANKS!

Thank you will give them a try. :D

That is similar to my egg roll recipe. I skip the eggs and add bean sprouts. I bake the egg rolls. Was wondering if you cook your spring rolls after rolling them...not stated, so I wanted to be sure...THANKS!

Yep. Although I fry them, I'm not fond of the texture of rice paper as is or baked. :)

Yep. Although I fry them, I'm not fond of the texture of rice paper as is or baked. :)

Thanks!

I don't know if they are really the same thing or not my I am looking for a recipe for either spring rolls or egg rolls. Please I do not do pork or shrimp. But maybe I could use chicken in them or just veggies. I have the rice wraps just need a recipe for them now.

Thank you,

Grump

This is the one I make for the vegetarians in my family.

Vegetarian spring roll

Crispy vegetables spring roll with tofu, taro root, cabbage and carrot is very delicious. Khmer Krom vegetarian spring roll is so good that most my friends can