kbtoyssni

Dinner For Ski Trip

Rate this topic

I'm planning a ski trip for me and about ten other people. I'm also going to make a big group dinner for everyone the two nights we're on the trip (which is great - I have complete control over the food since I do all the shopping!) Last year I made a chili hotdish and tacos. I was thinking of making chili this year, but I'm having trouble figuring out what to make the other night since I have more dietary restrictions to work around this year. Dinner must be gluten, egg and peanut free. I would prefer it to be dairy and meat free. But I've got a couple friends who are very meat-and-potatoes so I'd like to avoid serving up a giant pile of veggies - chili sans gluten/dairy/meat can still be appealing. One-pot meals are great, as are meals I can prepare ahead of time in my own gluten free kitchen. Any ideas???

Brainstorming last night I thought maybe a "breakfast for dinner" - does anyone have a good egg-free pancake recipe?

Or maybe something pasta-based or rice-based?

Vans makes good gluten-free waffles. I thought of Mrs. Leeper's corn spaghetti with Prego Sauce and Vegan Gourmet Soy Cheese as a topping, or maybe rice or corn lasagna along with it, green salad with tomatoes, green onions, celery, cilantro, etc. Walden Farms now makes a great salad dressing that is gluten free, milk free, no sugar, carbs or calories. It tastes really good, and comes in Ranch, Thousand Island, Blue Cheese and Honey Dijon. Guess that would be an Italian dinner, so maybe some gluten-free bread or rolls along with them. Good luck as you plan your meal. Welda