Sunny Side

My Introduction

Rate this topic

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Theresa and I have been a member for quite a while. Although I haven't been active, I have been lurking. I was diagnosed with Celiac disease by biopsy and have been gluten free since May 2009. It has been challenging at times since I am the only one in the house on a gluten free diet. I have a husband and three children. I cook some meals completely gluten free and sometimes I cook separate meals for myself. I have my own pots and pans and plates and utensils, etc. I'm careful about crumbs and cross contamination, and I'm constantly washing my hands. Sometimes I wonder if gluten may still be sneaking it's way in to me some how since I am handling it so much. I feel well, it's just not easy being the only person in the house that's gluten free. Anyway, I just wanted to finally introduce myself. I've gotten a lot of information from this forum. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

Welcome Lurker! :) It's nice to have you out of the shadows!!

I, too, wonder if gluten is sneaking it's way in to me. I am washing my hands a lot on shared towels. Whenever I am contacting food, eating or doing dishes, I wash my hands and use a paper towel for drying. If I need to do a few dishes, I use paper towels in the inside and a dishtowel on the outside. I use the dishwasher most of the time.

You say you feel well. Did you have symptoms before going gluten free?

I have so many food intolerances, that I don't know what is causing what symptom. I've read that it takes some people a long time to feel better. Could that be me? I question so many things each and every day. Paranoid? You bet I am!!!!!!

lizard00, thank you for the welcome!

Jackay, before going gluten free I suffered from abdominal pain and distention. I'm feeling better although I still deal with the bloating. But not it's not as severe as it was. I also have heard it takes a long time to feel better, so I am hopeful. I hope you find relief soon too!