jackay

Candida Diet

Rate this topic

I tested that I having a mild candida growth. I know I am suppose to be off all sweeteners and yeast. I am taking garlic every day to fight this.

I have been researching candida and have read that I shouldn't have starches, dairy or fruits. My doctor didn't say anything about eliminating or limiting these foods. I feel I really need them. For dairy, I mostly rely on butter for the flavor and calories. I also need the fruits and non-gluten grains and starchy vegetables for calories. I realize beans provide calories but I get extreme gas from them.

Since I only have a mild candida growth, am I doing enough to kill it? I was hoping to bring sweeteners back to my diet for variety and calories. It has been so long since I've had chocolate and it would be such a nice treat.

I tested that I having a mild candida growth. I know I am suppose to be off all sweeteners and yeast. I am taking garlic every day to fight this.

I have been researching candida and have read that I shouldn't have starches, dairy or fruits. My doctor didn't say anything about eliminating or limiting these foods. I feel I really need them. For dairy, I mostly rely on butter for the flavor and calories. I also need the fruits and non-gluten grains and starchy vegetables for calories. I realize beans provide calories but I get extreme gas from them.

Since I only have a mild candida growth, am I doing enough to kill it? I was hoping to bring sweeteners back to my diet for variety and calories. It has been so long since I've had chocolate and it would be such a nice treat.

Hi - just recently joined the forum and came across your entry. Don't know if you still have the problem but probiotics are actually the best defense I know of against Candida. You should get a strong one, which is refrigerated, and unfortunately, can be a little pricey. A lot of health food stores like Whole Foods have their own brands which are a lot cheaper. If you get one of the combos - acidophillus and bifidus, it is even better. Also, eating yogurt daily helps as well as olive oil - it is a natural "antibiotic" so to speak. You can add it to salads or things like that. This can usually help fight off the Candida without having to further lose important calories and cravings (!) we all need.