Deb79FL

P.A.N. White Corn Meal Question

Rate this topic

Hello everyone!

I am a "newbie" and have a question about P.A.N. cornmeal. I have heard that it is gluten-free and have made arepas with it a few times. My question is in their labeling. I looked last night and I see it states may have traces of wheat and oats. I did notice some itching and other typical histamine effects after eating. Since I am just starting my gluten-free lifestyle and struggling with foods, I would appreciate any help the experienced members could give me.

Thanks!

Debbie

I've been gluten-free for a long time now & I use PAN with no problems... do you react to any other type of corn products? Also it does take the human body time to heal itself. Then you may find that you are a very sensitive celiac. Maybe this will get better as time goes on but it isn't always the case.. You may want to stick to more plain simple foods for awhile.

mamaw

Thanks for your reply! I have not noticed any reactions to corn, but since I'm so new on this journey, anything is possible. I'll have to start journaling my foods so I can keep a more watchful eye on symptoms and/or possible reactions.