CecilyF

Help With Tsh Results

Rate this topic

Got my TSH results in and it was 1.340. What is normal? I took a quiz on the internet and I have 30 of the 33 symptoms of thyroid problems - weight gain, dry skin, sleeplessness, EXTREME fatigue (was in bed two days this week), ringing in the ears. I have pregnant-sized stomach that would go up and down, but it's been bloated now for three weeks. I have only been gluten-free since December and got better, but now I am *sick* again :(

ANY help would be greatly appreciated

Got my TSH results in and it was 1.340. What is normal? I took a quiz on the internet and I have 30 of the 33 symptoms of thyroid problems - weight gain, dry skin, sleeplessness, EXTREME fatigue (was in bed two days this week), ringing in the ears. I have pregnant-sized stomach that would go up and down, but it's been bloated now for three weeks. I have only been gluten-free since December and got better, but now I am *sick* again :(

ANY help would be greatly appreciated

Ballpark, ideal TSH is between 1 and 3, depending on the lab. So, your TSH is probably normal. Did they check your Free T3 and Free T4? Those two can be way off and still have a normal TSH.

Yes I agree with the last post--TSH is good, BUT you need your Free T3, T4 and Thyroid Anti-bodies (for hashimotos) tested. If your Dr wont test for them get another Dr, because it is impossible to be properly diagnosed without those tests. It would be like testing for a wheat allergy instead of for Celiac, close-- but no cigar.