EBglutengirl

Adrenals Support -- Isocort?

Rate this topic

I have recently been found to have insufficient adrenals and hypothyroid. My dr. is putting me on Isocort to support my adrendals and I will also start on Armour for my thyroid.

If any of you are on (or have been on) Isocort, could you help with the following questions?

How did it work for you & how long were you on it? (I realize that your answers will vary)

It seems to be gluten-free, but can any of you confirm this?

I am also doing the dairy-free diet & Isocort is in a lactose base -- should I be concerned with this small amount?

Isocort also contains echinacea. Echinacea is contraindicated with autoimmune conditions. Although I am not 100% certain I have Celiac (I might just be gluten intolerant), should I be concerned about taking the echinacea?

Many, many, many thanks!

EBglutengirl,

I suggest you start looking at the Secondary Addison's Disease chat rooms. You will find all the experts on the medications, some have Celiac too! They can also guide you through working with your doctors and further testing if neccessary.

Unless we have some Addy's here that can help. :)

EBglutengirl,

I suggest you start looking at the Secondary Addison's Disease chat rooms. You will find all the experts on the medications, some have Celiac too! They can also guide you through working with your doctors and further testing if neccessary.

Unless we have some Addy's here that can help. :)

Great idea! Thanks!