Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kitgordon

Hungry All The Time

Thank you to everyone who responded. I am now six weeks gluten-free and my appetite is normalizing a bit, still hungrier than I think I should be, but not like "Get out of the way of the fridge or I will eat YOU!" :lol: GI symptoms seem to be gone - yay! I was hoping my allergies, eczema, and PMS would disappear, too, but no such luck so far. Maybe down the road, what do you experts think?

Thank you to everyone who responded. I am now six weeks gluten-free and my appetite is normalizing a bit, still hungrier than I think I should be, but not like "Get out of the way of the fridge or I will eat YOU!" :lol: GI symptoms seem to be gone - yay! I was hoping my allergies, eczema, and PMS would disappear, too, but no such luck so far. Maybe down the road, what do you experts think?

When your body starts absorbing nutrients better and some hormonal issues may balance out as you heal so there's a positive outlook for the PMS. As for eczema, my kiddo's cleared up in stages as he got more and more gluten-free and when we finally went all out gluten-free that did the trick. It worked pretty quickly-just a couple of weeks. However, we have found through allergy testing and dietary elimination and challenge that beans can also trigger it to come back. Things like dairy can increase nasal secretions adding to the problems caused by other allergies. To really get a better handle on MY constant nasal stuffiness, I've had to ditch dairy(in the end I tested positive anyway), do nasal rinses and manage my newly discovered strong dustmite allergy by using encasements for mattresses and pillow and wash sheets in hot water etc. It took a combo of things. With kiddo, meds and allergy shots have been the route we've taken.