jess_gf

The What's For Dinner Tonight Chat

Rate this topic

Today is ENCORE day. :)

I never say "leftovers"...I figure if it was good to eat the first time, then it deserves an "encore". :)

I used up the chicken we had made on the rotisserie for dinner on Friday.

Made a roux and then added some stock, diced carrots, onions, celery, broccoli, corn, and some herbs and the diced chicken.

It gets thick and in the "old days" I would plop in dumplings or make a phyllo crust and put it in the oven.

Instead, I serve it with mashed potatoes and biscuits (hub's experiment using potato flour in the bread recipe this week --created biscuits instead :lol:)

Sunday supper:

-Tuscan white bean and spinach soup

-slices of Asiago cheese

-homemade (gluten-free) bread

Last of the leftovers:

Meatloaf with Red Wine Glaze

Potato Chive Pancakes

Cardamom Roasted Carrots

Fresh Fruit Salad with Lime Honey Glaze

Last of the leftovers:

Meatloaf with Red Wine Glaze

Potato Chive Pancakes

Cardamom Roasted Carrots

Fresh Fruit Salad with Lime Honey Glaze

no, Love2...now, what did I tell you?.....THAT, hon is not leftovers, that's an ENCORE!!!! :)

(IH clapping hands thunderously) Pass me a plate!!!

no, Love2...now, what did I tell you?.....THAT, hon is not leftovers, that's an ENCORE!!!! :)

(IH clapping hands thunderously) Pass me a plate!!!

I was THINKING "encore" in my head but my fingers typed "leftovers". Bad fingers.

Tis true - usually encore dishes are re-invented or transformed into something else. Some people do not like encores but I do. Love 'em. :D

I was THINKING "encore" in my head but my fingers typed "leftovers". Bad fingers.

Tis true - usually encore dishes are re-invented or transformed into something else. Some people do not like encores but I do. Love 'em. :D

I always say encore (not leftovers) because if it was so yummy the first time, I want it AGAIN--the flavors just get better anyway!! :lol: Enjoy your encore!

We're having homemade chicken noodle soup tonight.

But I confess---it's from the totally dedicated Gluten Free Cafe/Bakery we go to after my physical therapy on Monday and Thursday--it's my reward :) Plus, she made almond cookies to die for. (insert drooling icon here) :)

(The owner is a fellow celiac and a heck of a baker!)

Leftovers - Sauerbraten, potato dumplings, Minestrone soup, veal marsala, mushroom risotto various vegetables. Might have soup and a panini with my gluten-free rye bread. Been a busy cooking weekend. Enjoy the evening all.

Leftovers - Sauerbraten, potato dumplings, Minestrone soup, veal marsala, mushroom risotto various vegetables. Might have soup and a panini with my gluten-free rye bread. Been a busy cooking weekend. Enjoy the evening all.

Ah...some German/Austrian influence! Sounds very good. :) Can you find gluten-free gingersnaps to put into the sauerbraten or do you make them? I LOVE sauerbraten.

Thai influenced chicken soup over rice.

Hubs has a cold or is in the middle of a hideous allergy attack. He needed his feel-good meal.

What a good wife you are! Isn't it great to give him lovin' spoonfuls of food that won't hurt you or your children?

Its in the crock pot recipe section!

Hi Irishheart - how's it going over there? :D

I'm hanging in there, Beebs, thanks! B) How's beautiful NSW?

All right, I'm trying SOMETHING NEW TONIGHT. (speaking of crockpots...)

I have a slow cooker I received as a gift (2009)and I HAVE NEVER used it once :o --I know, what was I waiting for? I don't know--so I am making:

Butternut Squash Soup

(it's Kelli and Peter Bronski's recipe from Artisinal gluten-free Cooking)

Today is cooking and baking day! Well, most days are. :) I am making:

Lemon Parlsey Pasta with Lemon Basil Pesto Sauce

Winter Greens with Toasted Almonds, Shaved Rustico Pecorino and Lemon Vinaigrette

For my husband's upcoming potluck at work I am making:

Ultimate Chocolate Marquise - it is absoluely amazing. It is sort of like frozen mousse with velvety texture akin to truffles. You place it in a bread pan and slice it and serve with raspberry coulis.

Doing a couple of test recipes, too - cannot tell you what they are!

So, I am loving today. :D

Today is (vegetarian):

Chinese-style stir-fried noodles with egg & winter veggies

Happy Year of the Dragon!

Although it is Robbie Burns Day today I kind of wasn't thinking about that when planning tonight's menu. Robbie Burns wasn't Asian! :huh:

I made a delicious teriyaki sauce so we are having Beef Teriyaki with Broccoli and Carrots and white rice vermicelli. Not sure of what else at this point as I want to make a side, too.