Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm interested in the Wen haircare system. I emailed them and will let you know if I get a response....

Has anyone else emailed them?

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10

Endo biopsy positive 5/10

Gluten free 5/10

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Purely from a product point of view, I used this line and did not like it. It's expensive and didn't do anything special for me, and I needed help bad. My hair was in poor shape from nutritional deficiencies and thyroid problems. I found better luck with John Master's organic line (styling products), and Desert Essence Organics Coconut shampoo and conditioner...available for $7 each at Wholefoods and clearly states its gluten free. I get compliments all the time now on the shine and health of my hair...I NEVER thought that would happen again (before gluten issues, my hair was so beautiful and easy to deal with).

2010- Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy, Eggs, Nut free. Sugar, non-gluten grains lite(Yes, still plenty to eat!)

2010-Doctor diagnosed me as Celiac then took diagnoses back, then said avoid gluten for life

I ordered these products a while back but had to send them back. I don't remember if it was wheat or soy protein in them that made them a no go for me. Companies do change ingredients though so please post their response when you get one.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Thank you both!! I'll look into the others you mentioned!

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10

Endo biopsy positive 5/10

Gluten free 5/10

I have it, I actually love it. It's the only 'shampoo' that helps with my scalp psoriasis. It is, however, FULL of wheat, so watch out! I don't use it as a leave in conditioner and I use it in a separate shower that my kids use.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)