Lori2

Citric Acid?

Rate this topic

Can citric acid cause a problem? Recently I discovered Blue Diamond

Have you noticed if you have a problem with corn? Citric acid is very often corn derived.

I can't remember for sure, but I think that Blue Diamond products are not made in gluten free facilities. I contacted the company about a year and a half ago after thinking that my children and I might be reacting to their crackers. I think they said that they test to <20 ppm, but I could be wrong. Anyway, we figured out that we were definitely getting some CC from the crackers.

-We seem to be super sensitive though.

Many people probably eat them safely. But if you use the site google, you will see a lot of people have had some sort of issue with them.

Have you noticed if you have a problem with corn? Citric acid is very often corn derived.

I have not had any problem with corn. In Iga testing it was high normal but not a problem. In season, I have had half a cob every day but limit it to that.

The only vegetable that has been a problem is tomatoes, but not the other nightshade vegetables. A couple of days ago when shopping, I looked at the cans of tomatoes. They all contain citric acid. So perhaps tomatoes are not a problem after all--I need to test raw tomatoes.

I can't remember for sure, but I think that Blue Diamond products are not made in gluten free facilities. I contacted the company about a year and a half ago after thinking that my children and I might be reacting to their crackers. I think they said that they test to <20 ppm, but I could be wrong. Anyway, we figured out that we were definitely getting some CC from the crackers.

-We seem to be super sensitive though.

I am not super sensitive so that could make a difference. Their box states that each production run is tested to not exceed 20PPM.