Rebecca92

Swollen Lymph Nodes

Rate this topic

Ever since I can remember doctors have told me my lymph nodes in my neck are larger than normal, one seems to be bigger than the other. Could this be from celiacs disease?

Ever since I can remember doctors have told me my lymph nodes in my neck are larger than normal, one seems to be bigger than the other. Could this be from celiacs disease?

I have a swollen one on the left side of my neck - it can be due to autoimmune diseases - things like lupus etc. I'm not sure about celiac -but mine hasn't gone down and I've been gluten-free for almost a year now...

I have them too...in my neck on both sides...have had them checked out dozens of times. My doctor said sometimes once they've enlarged they just never resize properly. However, it's probably related to autoimmune issues.

[/quote

I was diagnosed with Leukemia (CLL) and Lupus. My GI discovered the Leukemia and my Rheumatologist did a test for Lupus (ANA). I hope that this isn't what's causing you're swollen lymph nodes. Most likely it's just an infection because we all have weakened immune systems. I would go to your PCP if they don't go down. Sending positive, healing energy!

Loey

P.S. didn't mean to scare you with the illnesses I have - I'm sure yours is just an infection - just get it checked out.

I have swollen lymph nodes as well its been like that for awhile. no autoimmune diseases for me.

exercise pumps the lymph and exercise makes the stiff neck pain feel better for me.

I keep swollen glands. Definitely see your doctor. They can look at them with CT scan and see if they look suspicious and if so biopsy them. I just had a biospy last month and everything came back ok, no sign of cancer. The doctor said it was caused by CFS/chronic mono. He is going to continue to monitor to make sure nothing else suspicious pops up.

I keep swollen glands. Definitely see your doctor. They can look at them with CT scan and see if they look suspicious and if so biopsy them. I just had a biospy last month and everything came back ok, no sign of cancer. The doctor said it was caused by CFS/chronic mono. He is going to continue to monitor to make sure nothing else suspicious pops up.

Glad it was just mono (not that that isn't anything). Just glad it's not more serious. I think that we all need to be vigilant when anything lasts for a while.

Sending al healing (((hugs))),

Loey