Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bny06

Vitamin Recommendations?

Hello all! I'm new here, so this whole gluten free thing is new to me! I never even considered gluten being in a vitamin until reading this forum! Can anyone recommend good vitamin supplements (brands, where to get them etc) for a good multivitamin, sublingual b12 and vitamin D/calcium.. I have neuro symptoms/muscle weakness as well, and trying to gain back all the weight I lost in the past few months before suspecting celiac. Thanks so much for all the help!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I like Country Life and NOW brand.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I love kirkman labs. They have hypoallergenic versions of all kinds of supplements. I take the hypo adult advanced multi vitamin/mineral.

If you need iron with your b12, i get a liquid supplement called floravital (this is there gluten free and yeast free type of liquid iron from veggies). It has b12 in it too. Rainbow light has supplements that are gluten free, i am taking their prenatal one (cause I need the Iron too).

Thanks so much yall!!! I am going to go get some good vitamins- I not only need the nutrients badly at this point, but also don't want all my efforts of being gluten free to be counteracted by ingesting a gluten containing vitamin! I appreciate yalls help!

I had to add more vitamins today (doc called and apparently I'm super low on d and iron).

Anyhoo, I am buying more Country Life every day. gluten-free, and they have d from non-fish source so I don't worry about iodine.

I bought solgar iron-not from organs (again, that iodine thing).

I also take Country Life cal/mag and daily total one (no iodine).

Notice a trend?????

Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. ~ Mark Twain

Probable Endometriosis, in remission from childbirth since 2002.

Hashimoto's DX 2005.

Gluten-Free since 6/2011.

DH (and therefore Celiac) dx from ND.

Responsive to iodine withdrawal for DH (see quote, above).

Genetic tests reveal half DQ2, half DQ8 - I'm a weird bird!