Ellers

Has Anyone Heard Anything About A Pill For Celiac?

Rate this topic

My son's Gastro mentioned this as we left his office on Thursday and I was so underwhelmed with all the other information and results we got that day that I didn't ask any many questions as I should have, but basically...

he said that there is a pill being tested that's probably 5 years away from FDA approval that would counteract the effects of gluten. It will be for adults only but he will have no problem prescribing it for my son if it meets HIS approval (Adam's dr is a little sarcastic and sometimes I don't know if he's joking or not) All I asked was "How long" and "Wow so he can drink beer in college?" which was totally not what I should have asked but it had been a long day at endo, radiology, bloodwork and gastro.

Any thoughts?

My son's Gastro mentioned this as we left his office on Thursday and I was so underwhelmed with all the other information and results we got that day that I didn't ask any many questions as I should have, but basically...

he said that there is a pill being tested that's probably 5 years away from FDA approval that would counteract the effects of gluten. It will be for adults only but he will have no problem prescribing it for my son if it meets HIS approval (Adam's dr is a little sarcastic and sometimes I don't know if he's joking or not) All I asked was "How long" and "Wow so he can drink beer in college?" which was totally not what I should have asked but it had been a long day at endo, radiology, bloodwork and gastro.

Any thoughts?

http://www.webmd.com/video/celiac-hope

These? just available in Australia ..

... Capsules/pills containing multiple digestive enzymes with Proline specific Proteases to assist the breakdown of gluten and casein ...

This is the Food Sensitivity or Intolerance market that this product is aiming towards - not coeliacs ..

Food sensitivity or intolerance which is described as meaning a physical reaction to a food. It can refer to either

* the absence of specific chemicals or enzymes in the body needed to digest a food substance or:

* an adverse reaction to a food component.