AVR1962

Tahini Eating Suggestions

Rate this topic

I'm trying to put more magnesium into my diet naturally and bought some Tahini but have no clue how to use it. Any suggestions?

I use it as a sauce over meatloaf, meat balls, or cooked vegetables. Just stir the oil in and measure how much you want to use...I thin it with a little water.

I have used it like peanut butter on gluten free toast.

It's better with something with like jelly or Nutella but if you are avoiding sugar that won't do.

Egglant Dip is a traditional mediterranean dish that is eaten with pita bread...of course we would use chips.

There are many variations of the dip called Baba Ganouj.

I don't eat it anymore because I'm avoiding nightshades, but loved it when I did.

Basically you just roast 2 eggplants in the oven either directly or in foil.

Takes about an hour or so. Remove the skin and mash the eggplant then add tahini, lemon juice, garlic if you like and a little salt. That's it.

My arabic friends make it...some of them use almost as much tahini as they do eggplant.

I'm sure there are recipes if you google it, but the amounts are really personal preference.

Oh! And if you are a fruit eater...you can dip fruit in it...think of it like peanut butter.

On pancakes with syrup...um yum.

I often make a salad dressing with it and sweet citrus juice. Sometimes just make a snack with tahini, dates, raisins and other dried fruit. Great stuff!

I'm trying to put more magnesium into my diet naturally and bought some Tahini but have no clue how to use it. Any suggestions?

My BIL goes into raptures about it on cucumber slices. You could make the Baba Gaoush and use cukes & carrots to dip.

Thanks for all the ideas, I'll give it a try!