daisymae106

Lucky Leaf Premium Cherry Pie Filling

Rate this topic

Hello everyone!!! I hope you are enjoying gluten free holidays! :) This is my first holiday season going gluten free since I found out I have celiac disease back in the late summer. I was wondering if anyone knew if Lucky Leaf Premium Cherry Pie Filling is gluten free? I am finding mixed information online. The ingredients on the can list that the modified food starch is corn based. But, I have seen other websites who say there are questionable ingredients. Can anybody help me on this? Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Hello everyone!!! I hope you are enjoying gluten free holidays! :) This is my first holiday season going gluten free since I found out I have celiac disease back in the late summer. I was wondering if anyone knew if Lucky Leaf Premium Cherry Pie Filling is gluten free? I am finding mixed information online. The ingredients on the can list that the modified food starch is corn based. But, I have seen other websites who say there are questionable ingredients. Can anybody help me on this? Thanks and Merry Christmas!

I think a lot of pie fillings are made using modified food starch as a thickener. The ingredients on the can should be the most up-to-date. Are there any other ingredients that would make you suspicious that the pie filling you have is not gluten-free? I just checked a can of the Food Lion apple pie filling in my pantry and it also says modified food starch (corn).

I think a lot of pie fillings are made using modified food starch as a thickener. The ingredients on the can should be the most up-to-date. Are there any other ingredients that would make you suspicious that the pie filling you have is not gluten-free? I just checked a can of the Food Lion apple pie filling in my pantry and it also says modified food starch (corn).

Thank you so much for responding to this!! The only other questionable ingredient is "artificial flavor".

Personally I'd use it. But if you are concerned, you could always call the company.

I use this all the time and have had no issues. I have a relationship with people who work for the company and they've always assured me that the ingrediants are fine!

I use this all the time and have had no issues. I have a relationship with people who work for the company and they've always assured me that the ingrediants are fine!

THANKS SO MUCH! :) I know for certain that Comstock is gluten free. That at least gives peace of mind to know 100%. But I am glad to know your relationship with the Lucky Leaf people. That makes me feel better!