pricklypear1971

"i Don't Know How You Do It"

Rate this topic

I know there's a big thread somewhere here about this but I can't find it....so here it goes.

I love my FIL. He's very supportive of my new diet, so this isn't about someone sabotaging my diet or making nasty remarks...it's about the funny crap that rolls out of his mouth.

I love watching his face when he eats my cooking (always gluten-free now) - its like he's waiting for a monkey in a hat to jump out and pinch him in the nose. He always asks "does this have gluten in it?" and I always say "no", and he shakes his head and says something like "I don't know how you do it".

The best was yesterday. We went to the ASU v. UA game (go Cats!) which involved a lengthy walk for him (bad hips, knees, ankles and 4 heart surgeries) - it took a while.

Of course there were discussions about stadium food and what I could/not eat (soda and a bag of peanuts in the shell were fine), then the "where are we going for dinner" convo. I finally suggested Mexican since there was a safe option for me at a restaurant that was far enough away not to be overrun from the game...so this sparked a convo about how he wondered if I could keep it (the gluten-free diet) up long term.

Now, somewhere in this convo it struck me as hilarious that a man who had his first heart attack at 59, four heart surgeries, two knee replacements, a hip replacement, and two shoulder surgeries, and has an ankle so bad he can be outrun by a strolling 80 year old thinks MY gluten-free DIET is "difficult". And I didn't even consider the low-fat, heart healthy/prediabetic diet he's SUPPOSED to be on! And I say "supposed" because he is NOT....

Now folks, THAT WAS FUNNY. Makes me giggle every time I think about it.

Now, somewhere in this convo it struck me as hilarious that a man who had his first heart attack at 59, four heart surgeries, two knee replacements, a hip replacement, and two shoulder surgeries, and has an ankle so bad he can be outrun by a strolling 80 year old thinks MY gluten-free DIET is "difficult". And I didn't even consider the low-fat, heart healthy/prediabetic diet he's SUPPOSED to be on! And I say "supposed" because he is NOT....

Now folks, THAT WAS FUNNY. Makes me giggle every time I think about it.

Hehehehehehe! I guess it is all relative, isn't it?