pretordan

What Are Typical Soy 'intolerance' Symptoms?

Rate this topic

My #1 main / usually only symptom is gas. A lot. It's been partially under control since going gluten free. I am still having issues though and I realized that more than half the new gluten free foods I am eating have soy in them.

For those of you that have cut the soy, would this be a likely cause of gas or is it usually only IgE allergy causing?

My soy symptoms started out as gas, then progressed to D, followed by achy joints/bones, and sometimes migraines, depending on what form I ingested and how much.

As time has gone on I react more strongly. I get lower left quadrant pain, IBS, migraines, nausea,severe achy joints, and most recently I vomit up whatever it was hiding in.

I found it in trace amounts in some of my supplements, including fish oil, multi-vitamin, E, and vitamin D.

Sometimes it goes by the alias of tocopherol or ergocalciferol.

I have found it's much easier to give up gluten. Soy is used in a lot more things!

• Upvote 1

My #1 main / usually only symptom is gas. A lot. It's been partially under control since going gluten free. I am still having issues though and I realized that more than half the new gluten free foods I am eating have soy in them.

For those of you that have cut the soy, would this be a likely cause of gas or is it usually only IgE allergy causing?

I am allergic to soy (skin-prick test at allergists). My first symptom was a burning and stinging sensation and slightly swollen lips and tip of my tongue when drinking soy milk. I am presently gluten, soy, dairy, and egg free.