Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Booghead

People Sick Of Hearing About It

My mom is so sick of the word thyroid. She flips out, and I mean flips out anytime I say anything about it. It makes me feel unheard and lonely. It is depressing. It makes me really mad that she won't let me talk about it.

I see the same thing with people who are going gluten free. Their spouses are sick of hearing about it. Oh well, they need to get over it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've had two people get sick of hearing gluten free from me. One I worked with asked me to never talk about it in our classroom again! She said I needed to think of other things. I was only 6 months gluten-free at the time and finding my way still. It does hurt. So hugs, I understand!!! I love coming here because I feel "normal" with being gluten-free, soy free and having allergies, everyone understands. I was able to go to a gluten-free expo in April and it was soooo nice talking to other Celiacs! Hang in there!

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.

George Washington Carver

Blood work positive 4/10

Endo biopsy positive 5/10

Gluten free 5/10