Booghead

People Sick Of Hearing About It

Rate this topic

My mom is so sick of the word thyroid. She flips out, and I mean flips out anytime I say anything about it. It makes me feel unheard and lonely. It is depressing. It makes me really mad that she won't let me talk about it.

I see the same thing with people who are going gluten free. Their spouses are sick of hearing about it. Oh well, they need to get over it.

I guess people that haven't had to go through this stuff just don't get how life altering and consuming it can be when you're looking for answers?

When you need support..come here. You're among friends!

Post here. We'll talk about gluten and thyroid all day long since all our friends and family are sick of hearing about it too. B)

I've had two people get sick of hearing gluten free from me. One I worked with asked me to never talk about it in our classroom again! She said I needed to think of other things. I was only 6 months gluten-free at the time and finding my way still. It does hurt. So hugs, I understand!!! I love coming here because I feel "normal" with being gluten-free, soy free and having allergies, everyone understands. I was able to go to a gluten-free expo in April and it was soooo nice talking to other Celiacs! Hang in there!