Rate this topic

My daughter will be going back to preschool but we will be having a meeting next week to discuss her health problems (she also has diabetes which they knew last year when she went). She did not start this fall cause we had moved away to far but we are moving back closer and she will be going back to her teacher she had before. I want to know what art products should I worry about. I know play dough has gluten. Or do you think we should just get her hands washed afterward. I know her her teacher will do well with her she learned how to give her shots everyday so she could stay at the public school last year and she works with lots of 3-5 yr Olds who have special needs. I just want to be prepared for the meeting. Thanks.

My daughter will be going back to preschool but we will be having a meeting next week to discuss her health problems (she also has diabetes which they knew last year when she went). She did not start this fall cause we had moved away to far but we are moving back closer and she will be going back to her teacher she had before. I want to know what art products should I worry about. I know play dough has gluten. Or do you think we should just get her hands washed afterward. I know her her teacher will do well with her she learned how to give her shots everyday so she could stay at the public school last year and she works with lots of 3-5 yr Olds who have special needs. I just want to be prepared for the meeting. Thanks.

there are many things that contain gluten:

crayons

glue

some paint (the ones teachers use to draw on face)

Thanks I didn't even think about face paint. Should I just have them wash her hands after they've used the supplies and before lunch.

Everyone has a comfort zone and we do not do play-doh at all. I don't feel good about just washing hands after playing with it. My son sucks his fingers too so that's an added thing we deal with.

As far as playdoh goes, I had great success with making my own for my 2.5 year old! Look online for the recipe. You can send it school with your child and let the tacher know that that is the only thing they can use!

As far as playdoh goes, I had great success with making my own for my 2.5 year old! Look online for the recipe. You can send it school with your child and let the tacher know that that is the only thing they can use!

While that is true, at school they often have "tools" to play with it with. That is my concern with crock contamination. On the "work surface" too.