KnightRobby

Going Into My First Gi Doctor. What Should I Know Before Seeing Him?

Rate this topic

Hello again everyone.

I am going into my first GI Doctor. I was diagnosed with Celiac by my Allergist. Well, I am wanting to go in prepared and to really make sure all tests are done quickly - the reason being I am seeing a Pain Management Doctor, a Cardivascular Doctor, a Neuromuscular Dentist, and of course the GI Doctor. These appointments eat up a lot of time. I know there is no way to rush doctors (wish there was - haha) into running tests, but I'd like to make sure he doesn't accidentally skip a test (it's happened to me before). These doctors are very busy, of course.

Does anyone know all of the tests I should have taken for Celiac? I've heard about bone tests (density I believe?) but I've heard about many other possible tests. I did find out I am low on my Vitamin D.

If someone could list out the tests I need to get proper treatment, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Thanks again,

Robby

Sorry I don't have an answer but I am hoping to see a GI doc soon too... so I'm looking forward to seeing the answers here.

I'm not great with remembering all the tests but I do remember these:

• calcium
  • B12 (many B's can be affected)
  • K
  • ferritin (iron)
  • D (you did this one right?)
  • Thyroid testing - Most doctors just run a TSH but with Hashimoto's the TSH can be in the normal range (mine was and they missed it for about 15years). Request a TPO Ab, Free T4, and Free T3, along with the TSH.

I don't know how the bone testing is done. I'm sure others will chime in here and add better advice. :)

Good luck.