- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Pie & Pie Crust Recipes
- Easy Pie Crust (Gluten-Free)
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Easy Pie Crust (Gluten-Free)
44 year old female, married 26 years, 3 sons, live in IL, 3 of us have been diagnosed
with celiac disease and have been gluten-free for 1 year. I have written;"The Life Of Me" but never
This recipe comes to us from Belinda Meeker.
2 cups gluten-free flour (1 cup tapioca flour- 1 cup white rice flour)
6 table spoons gluten-free butter
6 table spoons gluten-free shortening
1 table spoon powdered milk
1 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
1 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/3 cup cold water
Sift both flours, xanthan gum, powdered milk, salt) into mixing bowl, add butter and shortening and use your pastry cutter to blend together until well cut, then add cold water and knead until it is the constancy that is a bit soft but not too stiff looking mashed potatoes, make two same-sized balls and place each between waxed paper and roll to fit a 9 inch glass pie dish. Fill desired pie filling and bake according to which pie you are making—for pumpkin Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean--I covered my crust with foil after the 15 minutes and they turned out beautiful.
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).