- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Gluten-free Dining in Newport, RI
I found out I have celiac in April 2010 and have incorporated celiac into my Senior Project for High School. My project is to find out the gluten-free restaurants in Newport, RI, so I hope to post something on this website about my project.View all articles by Connor Burns
The Brick Alley Pub in Newport, RI
If you have ever traveled to Newport, RI then you know there are plenty of great restaurants to choose from. But if you have celiac disease or a gluten-intolerance then you know that dining out in an unfamiliar city is very difficult. Luckily, Newport has many gluten-free friendly restaurants that can easily be found if you know about them. I have comprised a list of celiac friendly restaurants in this scenic, colonial city. These restaurants have responded to a survey that was sent to over 100 restaurants and bakeries in Newport. All of the places listed have also stated that they are familiar with the necessary precautions that come with preparing gluten-free food such as avoiding cross-contamination. I have attempted to verify the accuracy of the statements provided by the restaurants to the best of my ability. If you are a tourist or local, I hope this list can help in keeping your gluten-free lifestyle.
Places that offer gluten-free menus:Brick Alley Pub
140 Thames Street Newport, RI
Eva Ruth's Specialty Bakery
796 Aquidneck Avenue Middletown, RI
* Eva Ruth's is located 10 minutes out of downtown Newport and specializes in making only gluten-free products.
501 Thames Street Newport, RI
Safari Room at Ocean Cliff (Sunday brunch menu)
65 Ridge Road Newport, RI
150 Broadway Newport, RI
Yesterday's and the Place
28 Washington Square Newport, RI
Places that are familiar with gluten-free foods and offer gluten-free options:A Little Café
27 Connell Highway Newport, RI
Bouchard Restaurant and Inn
505 Thames Street Newport, RI
Callahan's Café Zelda
528 Thames Street Newport, RI
Castle Hill Inn
590 Ocean Drive Newport, RI
* Castle Hill Inn is working with Eva Ruth's bakery to offer more gluten-free options.
11 Bowen's Wharf Newport, RI
Fathoms Restaurant at the Newport Marriott
25 Americas Cup Avenue Newport, RI
Fluke Wine Bar and Kitchen
41 Bowens Wharf Newport, RI
Gas Lamp Grille
206 Thames Street Newport, RI
* Gas Lamp Grille is in the process of creating a gluten-free menu.
It's My Party Bake Shoppe
84 William Street Newport, RI
* Must call in advance to place an order for gluten-free products at It's My Party Bake Shoppe.
Lucia Italian Restaurant
186 B Thames Street Newport RI
Mamma Luisa Restaurant
673 Thames Street Newport, RI
SAPO Freaky Burrito
16 Broadway Newport, RI
30 Memorial Boulevard W Newport, RI
* Sardella's carries gluten-free pasta, but it is recommended that you call in first to make sure that they have it in stock.
215 Goddard Row Newport, RI
Tallulah on Thames
464 Thames Street Newport, RI
The Barking Crab Restaurant
151 Swinburne Row Newport, RI
The Mooring Seafood Kitchen
1 Sayer's Wharf Newport, RI
The Smokehouse Café
31 Scotts Wharf Newport, RI
The White Horse Tavern
26 Marlborough Street Newport, RI
*Some of these restaurants may only offer naturally gluten-free items, but will be more than willing to accommodate any changes to their options if asked
Celiac.com welcomes your comments below (registration is NOT required).