- Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes: Pastries, Cakes, Cookies, etc.
- Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes
- Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Sugar Cookies
- Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients)
- Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients)
- Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages
- Celiac Disease Symptoms
- The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free
- Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results
- Is Buckwheat Flour Really Gluten-Free?
Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Sugar Cookies
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in easy Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free recipes. Amie is the Editor-in-Chief of the gluten-free blog, The Healthy Apple. Amie shares her passion for and approach to "Clean Eating" by focusing on natural, whole foods and ingredients that are good for you and your body. Amie works with Whole Foods Market as their Gluten-Free Manhattan Cooking Instructor and is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and client live a healthy and happy life. Visit her site at: thehealthyapple.com.View all articles by Amie Valpone
Here's my tasty Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Recipe just in time for the holidays.
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Vegan Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks, softened
- 1 cup sugar or sugar substitute such as Stevia
- Egg Substitute for 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy, then add egg substitute, almond extract and almond milk; mix well. Add flour mixture to the wet mixture; mix well.
- Scoop dough into balls. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
As always, Celiac.com welcomes your comments (see below).