Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Feet Problems...

6 posts in this topic

I was diagnosed with Celiac's a year and two weeks ago. The diagnosis of this disease was linked with my severe lactose intolerance, as well. Since then, I've sworn off gluten and dairy. Now, one year and two weeks into this new life, some of my old symptoms are back, except their worse this time around. 

Before I was diagnosed, my feet would fall asleep. Eventually, it wasn't just my feet. My whole leg would fall asleep, even when I was driving! I would be sitting in class, taking notes and my hands and forearms would fall asleep and my pencil would drop out of my hand and roll off my desk. Now, I'm suffering from that same symptom. This time, it feels like someone is pushing hard on the insteps of my feet. It's not all that painful, but I just CANNOT walk. This has been going on for two weeks now. I've checked all the foods that I've been eating for the last month, because some gluten-free brands start changing their ingredients and I had to make sure that I wasn't being too trusting of these companies. All of my food is cleared of gluten and/or dairy. So why am I having such neuropathic issues with my body???

Also, my migraines have intensified. Tylenol with codeine just doesn't seem to cut it anymore. Any suggestions for these migraines?

In regards to my skin, I've got random rashes throughout my body. There's no rhyme or reason as to where they are placed. And, if I lightly scratch my skin, whether it be over the rash or not, my skin puckers and swells. That lasts for about a day.

What is going on? Why have some of my gluten-related symptoms gotten worse?

If this helps in anyway, I am 17 years old, I am 5'8" and weigh 140 lbs.

Thanks for taking time to read this!! Hope for some insight! 

Ads by Google:

Have you seen a chiropractor?  What you describe seems like it could also be nerve related.

That is nerve related.

Have you tried removing soy? Some celiacs find that it can cause the same type of issues with them as gluten does.

First,   Find a Dermatologist that understands Dermatitis Herpetiformis and get that rash checked out while it's active.      Are you anemic?     Sounds like you'll need some blood labs too!!!

Those could be symptoms of Lyme disease also.

http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/

Lyme Disease

Lyme disease is caused by the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi and is transmitted to humans through the bite of infected blacklegged ticks. Typical symptoms include fever, headache, fatigue, and a characteristic skin rash called erythema migrans. If left untreated, infection can spread to joints, the heart, and the nervous system. Lyme disease is diagnosed based on symptoms, physical findings (e.g., rash), and the possibility of exposure to infected ticks; laboratory testing is helpful if used correctly and performed with validated methods. Most cases of Lyme disease can be treated successfully with a few weeks of antibiotics. Steps to prevent Lyme disease include using insect repellent, removing ticks promptly, applying pesticides, and reducing tick habitat. The ticks that transmit Lyme disease can occasionally transmit other tickborne diseases as well.

Sounds like you were doing well for a while before the symptoms came back. Is there anything that has changed? A new restaurant you are going to? A new significant other who may wear lipstick or gloss or kissing after they have eaten or drank gluten items? Any new food items that may be produced in a shared facility? Any new medications or supplements you are taking?

It sounds to me like you may be getting cross contaminated somewhere.