Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Eating With Your Proper Blood Type, What Do You Think?

• Please log in to reply

5 replies to this topic

#1 Renegade

Renegade

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

I eat the same thing every day with barely any modifications and I was thinking that to maximize the results of going Gluten-Free I should combine this with eating right for my blood type but it seems as doing this while avoiding gluten is just incredibly challenging. Some stuff going as far as coconut oil being bad for anyone but some things really make sense. I am of type O and it warn a lot about avoiding glutens and grains even corn. Now I though I was going good with cereal and bread being gluten-free but with this it's like all I can eat is meat and more meat and some fruits.

Pretty boring, gotta avoid coffee too, that one thing that actually make me feel really good.

I can eat almonds but I have to avoid peanuts? Makes no sense to me nuts are nuts and it says to avoid nightshade yet tomatoes are ok. Gets me confused a lot, what do you guys think?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,317 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

We have had this discussion before and everyone with Celiac has different blood types and needs to avoid gluten. Not just the ones with whichever blood type it is.

There is no scientific evidence for this blood type eating.

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#3 alesusy

alesusy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

I've been told by a homoepatic doctor to eat following my blood type. While I'm willing to give it a try in my own home for several reasons that I'm explaining in another post, I'm not going to subject to new difficulties all my patient friends who had to learn how to feed me gluten free. Nor will I skip meals in restaurants for this. I mean: I'm B and I'm supposed to keep free of buckwheat AND corn, apart from peanuts and walnuts and mussels AND chicken AND tomatoes AND anything coming from cow milk. I can deal with the rest, but baking without corn bread and buckwheat is going to be a real challenge. Especially since they apparently do NOT trouble me at all. Life is difficult enough already. I'm cutting out on these red flags foods for a couple of months and I'll see how it goes but no way I can tell my friends "uh, apart from no milk and no gluten I'll give you a NEW list of prohibited foods because I know how you love a challenge..." :-D

#4 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:03 AM

that will never work for me:  i'm an aquarius  ;)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#5 howlnmad

howlnmad

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

Does this mean that I can only eat with people that have type O blood? :huh:

#6 cyclinglady

cyclinglady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,842 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

My doc suggested I try this diet years ago when the book was first published.  He loved to have his patients try things out and report back to him.  He also like prescribing two different meds for the same issue within our family to see which one worked best. 

But I didn't do it.  Instead, I went on a candida and food allergy/intolerance rotational diet that really helped.  Basically, the "Eat Right for Your Blood Type" is like other diets.  Eat simple foods (fruit, veggies and proteins) and cut out junk food.  Also, don't eat the same old things day in and day out!  Hit the Eastern Markets and try some new veggies! 

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005
Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013
Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014
Anemia -- Resolved
Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013
Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013
Allergies and Food Intolerances
Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: