4 replies to this topic

#1 Christine0125

Christine0125

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

Anyone use a food log app?  There are several out there but would like to hear if anyone uses one in particular (don't want to spend $1.99 if it's a total waste). My celiac daughter is having some ups and downs and I want to try and track her foods so we can look for triggers and I figure it will help when we go for her next appointment in December.  I figure an app might be a fun way to get her involved in the process. 

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 eers03

eers03

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

myfitnesspal

I think its free and its really easy to use.  I used this app early in my diagnosis to set a weight goal and a caloric intake goal to correspond.  You can track your food, your weight, your various nutrients per day, week, month, and track calories burned per exercise so you know how to adjust your intake depending on your goal.

Check it out!

Diagnosis 11/2012

#3 Celtic Queen

Celtic Queen

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

I use mysymptoms food diary on the i-phone.  I can't remember if I paid for it or if it was free.  It's pretty easy to use and is easily customizable.  You can enter your food daily, along with symptoms of issues - headache, bloating,etc.  It will also track your bowel movements using the Bristol scale.  You can add data about sleep, exercise, medicine, the environment, etc.  It also has a feature where it tries to match your symptoms with your food intake using mathmatical algorithms.  And you can e-mail your food journal to yourself or someone else.

My only real issue with it is you have to enter each ingredient.  You can create meals so that if you eat the same thing twice, you don't have to enter everything again.  For instance, if you're having spaghetti, you have to input tomatoes, ground beef, garlic, rice pasta, etc.  You can save those ingredients as a meal called "Spaghetti," so that if you eat leftovers the next day you don't have to enter everything all over again.  But the first time you have to make a point of entering each ingredient.  It can be a bit of a pain for something with a lot of ingredients.

Blood tested 8-11 positive, Biopsy 9-11 negative (long story, most gastro drs. are morons)

gluten-free 7-11, Dairy Free (mostly) 8-13 - Everything but butter.  Can't live life without butter....

DS - negative blood test, just diagnosed with ADD and other learning disorders, DNA test positive - high risk

Issues related to gluten: depression, low iron, hair loss, positive ana test for lupus, low vitamin D, headache, sinusitis, environmental allergies, brain fog, GI problems, weight gain....the list goes on....

#4 Auntie_Manda

Auntie_Manda

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:47 AM

I do myfitnesspal as well. It helps with weight loss :) But the mysymptoms app sounds really cool!

-Gluten free (and migraine free!) since 2.28.2013
-"probable Celiac" May 2013, not willing to do testing
-I am a gluten free supertaster who can only handle small amounts of dairy, and I have serious aversions to meat and vegetables... yep, I live off of fruit, rice, corn, & potatoes :)

#5 answerseeker

answerseeker

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

I use allergy journal

Lori age 40

GERD diagnosed Feb 2012

acute adult onset asthma diagnosed April 2012

celiac diagnosis July 2013

osteopenia Sept 2013

Dysautonomia: POTS (autonomic nervous system dysfunction)

DQ2 Gene

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: