Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Do These Work Now?

3 posts in this topic

I've been confirmed as having Celiac Disease and been on a Gluten free diet for a month.

I know now that many of my health issues are caused by my body not absorbing vitamins from my food and the pills I took, don't work due to Celiac.

So will any of these work now do they dissolve into the blood stream despite my not being on a gluten free diet for very long?   http://www.celiac.com/glutenfreemall/vitamins-glutenfree-c-65.html

Ads by Google:

Take vitamins if you need them. You have some parts of your intestines that are healthy.

It will probably be a gradual response, depending on how damaged your intestines were to begin with.  But it definitely will not hurt to take a vitamin supplement, and in a few months have your doctor do some blood tests to check vitamin levels.  My iron was low for no known reason for a long time, even though I took an iron supplement daily.  5 months after going gluten-free after my celiac diagnosis, my iron levels are normal.  I didn't have it tested in between those 5 months so I don't know how long it took for it to get back to normal.

Since you are in a different country than the US, I would start by seeing what brands of multivitamins are easily available at your local stores, and contacting the brands to see if they are gluten-free.  That way you don't have to pay a lot by mail order.