2 replies to this topic

#1 PaulM

PaulM

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:27 AM

I've been confirmed as having Celiac Disease and been on a Gluten free diet for a month.

I know now that many of my health issues are caused by my body not absorbing vitamins from my food and the pills I took, don't work due to Celiac.

So will any of these work now do they dissolve into the blood stream despite my not being on a gluten free diet for very long?   http://www.celiac.co...nfree-c-65.html

Born in London, now living in Czech Republic with my wife, daughter and Rajah. Retired on the proceeds of ............

Cancer survivor so this Celiac will be a walk in the park. 

I always think positive, even when I'm being negative, I'm positive I'm right.   :rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,148 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

Take vitamins if you need them. You have some parts of your intestines that are healthy.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:52 PM

It will probably be a gradual response, depending on how damaged your intestines were to begin with.  But it definitely will not hurt to take a vitamin supplement, and in a few months have your doctor do some blood tests to check vitamin levels.  My iron was low for no known reason for a long time, even though I took an iron supplement daily.  5 months after going gluten-free after my celiac diagnosis, my iron levels are normal.  I didn't have it tested in between those 5 months so I don't know how long it took for it to get back to normal.

Since you are in a different country than the US, I would start by seeing what brands of multivitamins are easily available at your local stores, and contacting the brands to see if they are gluten-free.  That way you don't have to pay a lot by mail order.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: