Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Pressure Cooker Cooking, Anyone?

3 posts in this topic

I've ordered a stove-top pressure cooker, as a dear friend was telling me how much her family enjoys the meals she cooks in it. I'm hoping she'll give me some of their favorite recipes....and thought I'd write here and see if anyone here uses one of these gadgets. I'm hoping to use it for beans, meat, veggies, etc.

I should receive the new pot next week sometime.

I googled it and read only one website, where the author said that in Spain, these pots are REALLY popular!

Anyone have any great, tasty, favorite, nutritious pressure cooker recipes or websites to recommend? (Any or all of the above adjectives, doesn't have to be all of them!) :)

Ads by Google:

Oh yeah, I bet in Spain they love paella in a pressure cooker.  I am also interested in maybe buying one and trying it out, but the pressure part kind of scares me, even though I know modern ones have failsafes built in.  I know my sister makes chili in a pressure cooker and it makes the meat much more tender than over the stovetop. 

What kind did you buy?

I bought the Fagor 8-quart one (Amazon). It's a stovetop cooker, which gives you the option to brown your meat in the pan. It's good to do this before you add other ingredients and turn on the pressure. At least, that's what I've heard/read.

I didn't realize it when I ordered it, but the Fagor one is from Spain....

I saw good reviews of this model and also watched YouTube video of a chef showing different model stovetop pressure cookers.

From what I've seen/heard, these pots are relatively safe. I've never seen one used! My mom told me she used to use one, but I don't ever remember seeing her use it.  :)