2 replies to this topic

#1 ImaMiriam

ImaMiriam

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

I've ordered a stove-top pressure cooker, as a dear friend was telling me how much her family enjoys the meals she cooks in it. I'm hoping she'll give me some of their favorite recipes....and thought I'd write here and see if anyone here uses one of these gadgets. I'm hoping to use it for beans, meat, veggies, etc.

I should receive the new pot next week sometime.

I googled it and read only one website, where the author said that in Spain, these pots are REALLY popular!

Anyone have any great, tasty, favorite, nutritious pressure cooker recipes or websites to recommend? (Any or all of the above adjectives, doesn't have to be all of them!) :)

Me: various symptoms such as eczema throughout my life; HLA-DQ2 gene

Daughter: positive blood test and HLA-DQ2 gene; no biopsy. Gaining weight and grew taller since gluten-free; had been same weight for 2 years.

gluten-free since May 1

Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be. Abraham Lincoln

Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. Martin Luther King, jr.

Humankind will not perish for want of information; but only for want of appreciation. Abraham Joshua Heschel

Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 LauraTX

LauraTX

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

Oh yeah, I bet in Spain they love paella in a pressure cooker.  I am also interested in maybe buying one and trying it out, but the pressure part kind of scares me, even though I know modern ones have failsafes built in.  I know my sister makes chili in a pressure cooker and it makes the meat much more tender than over the stovetop. 

What kind did you buy?

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 ImaMiriam

ImaMiriam

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:56 AM

I bought the Fagor 8-quart one (Amazon). It's a stovetop cooker, which gives you the option to brown your meat in the pan. It's good to do this before you add other ingredients and turn on the pressure. At least, that's what I've heard/read.

I didn't realize it when I ordered it, but the Fagor one is from Spain....

I saw good reviews of this model and also watched YouTube video of a chef showing different model stovetop pressure cookers.

From what I've seen/heard, these pots are relatively safe. I've never seen one used! My mom told me she used to use one, but I don't ever remember seeing her use it.  :)

Me: various symptoms such as eczema throughout my life; HLA-DQ2 gene

Daughter: positive blood test and HLA-DQ2 gene; no biopsy. Gaining weight and grew taller since gluten-free; had been same weight for 2 years.

gluten-free since May 1

Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be. Abraham Lincoln

Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. Martin Luther King, jr.

Humankind will not perish for want of information; but only for want of appreciation. Abraham Joshua Heschel

Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: