Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Road To Recovery, How To Heal?

2 posts in this topic

I know the story is all too familiar for all of you, but I have to tell a little bit of my story here.

I am turning 30 in about a month, and i honestly feel like i have never lived.

I have been told Im crazy more times than I care to remember. I have come to terms with my upbringing, but still have gone to therapy, in an attempt to be less crazy.

I've taken medications that I swore I'd never take. All so I wouldn't be crazy anymore.

I have eaten mac n cheese to comfort me when im feeling sad and chicken noodle soup when I had a cold, but i still felt crappy and that cold always ended up lasting 2 months.

I have spent so much of my life being sick and fatigued, i feel like a new born kid these past 4 months gluten free.

I recently received my blood tests back, they were done after 3 1/2 months gluten free. Here are those results http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/107942-help-me-de-code-these-results/

Many of my symptoms have decreased significantly in the past 4 months. I am still having some issues, but really working on perfecting this gluten free thing. I know i have to and it really feels much better.

What are the best foods to eat to heal ? I like to eat as many raw fruits and veggies as possible during the day. I feel like it makes me feel better, but is it hard to digest? I really just want to make sure I am doing things properly to heal as well as possible. I feel like little cuts and scrapes have been healing quicker than ever, im like super human! Does this go for my gut? How long does it take to heal?

Ads by Google:

I just posted on your other thread. Take a look :)

If you can tolerate raw fruits and veggies, eat them. There is no "prescription" or set diet except avoid gluten (and if you have a dairy problem, take that out for a few months and add it back in later. )

It takes anywhere from 6 months- years, depending on many factors: age, severity of the damage, how long you have been sick, how dietary compliant

someone is, etc. .

Don't think in terms of "when will I get there?"  because this is an exercise in patience. It is counter-productive to healing if you are stressing over things. 

Think this way : every day is a healing day.