This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Trying To Find What I Have

booknerd

booknerd Newbie

Hi everyone! I was wondering if maybe you beautiful people can help me? But first let me tell you my story.

My problems began at the very young age of 3 months. I would hold my breath and only let go after awhile. My mom doesn't know the precise amount of time because to her it felt forever. I continued to do this for the next few months. Only be diagnosed with "She's a stubborn child, that's all. She'll be fine." Keep in mind this was 1991 and in South Texas.

I went through the next few years okay, with the exception of fluctuating weight. At the age of 12 during an all star softball game I began to feel as if I would faint. Cold sweats drenched my body and I tried to wipe the dizziness away. After my at bat (which I struck out) I told my coach I could not go back in, I wasn't feeling good. My mom came over to take a look at me and saw that I was pale with color also leaving my lips. People began giving me candy and Gatorade, thinking I had low blood sugar. I began to feel somewhat better just now with a stomach ache. By the next day I was good as new.

Then at 13, I began to feel a slight burning in my chest. My mom took me to the doctor and I was diagnosed with heartburn. With that appointment I also was told to see in a cup. It came back that I had a bladder infection and I needed to lay off the soda. After two weeks with minimal soda I came back for another and was given the same results. I decided I would give it up completely. I was proud of myself, I went one month without soda! I had only consumed water. I went back and same results again! I was tired, I didn't want to go back. That was that.

During high school I would complain to my mom that I sometimes felt like I was in a dream.Like in a fog or a daze. Other than that I was fine.

I approached college, and I began to get stomach pains. I went to the doctor and had many scans done and the next thing I knew I woke up with no gallbladder. Till this day the doctor has never explained why he took it out.

The pain continued on and gradually got worse. My sophomore year of college I found another doctor who wanted to check out my blood level, see how I was doing. She called me the day after with a worried tone telling me my atlases and liaise enzymes were through the roof. Along with low b12 and D. She asked me how I was feeling and I told her besides some stomach pain,I was alright. She began to check me every 3 months getting the same results. Only a few times were the pains in my stomach so unbearable I cried, almost calling the ambulance. I decided to stretch out on my floor and focus on breathing. I fell asleep.

My senior year of college my left eye began to hurt. Next thing I knew my vision began to blur, this was my first migraine. Went back to the doctor, where she told me I was under a lot of stress with graduation coming up and all. I was like, "Yeah she's right, she's the doctor." I left it at that. Meanwhile I had another check up for blood work. Again the next morning a nurse called me with the results worried cause my levels were high. By this time this call was normal for me. They would be high but no doctor could explain it. They would also tell me while my pancreatic enzymes were high, my b12 and D were getting lower, upping my dosages. Though I would stop taking them because I would get sick.

This leads me up to now, same blood results high atlases and liaise and low b12 and D. But this last visit a new one occurred, low iron. I have always had cold hands and feet, yet now I feel cold all the time even when outside sometimes (and I live in TX).

I hope you all can help me, please? Thank you!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

I hope they are testing your thyroid?  I think you should ask for the Celiac blood panel.  

Open Original Shared Link

Archived