#16 debbiewil

debbiewil

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 06:11 AM

Judy,
There are several different surgical proceedures, which can help in some cases. It very much depends on how your face, throat, etc. is shaped and what the actual cause of the blockage is. They can range from a very simple proceedure called "pillar" done right in the doctor's office to actually reconstructing the whole jaw. Some have had great success, and others have had major stuff done with no success at all. Really need to talk to a surgeon you trust (I'd get 2 opinions) before you opt for this. You need to know exactly what the cause of the apnea is in your case, and what if any surgery might help first. Don't want to scare you off, it does help some people, but you really need to check it out before you do it.
Debbie

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly

Moved to SO CA in November 2010

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:17 AM

Thanks so much Debbie
I appreciate all you info and ideas.
I have already had 25 surgerys over the years for a rare bone disorder and it's the last thing I'd want to do but nice to know there are options...
I did take your advice and pulled out my old mask and slept 13 hrs last nite...wow....think it was the nasel mask????? :rolleyes: No brainer here.
judy in philly
Judy in Southern CA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: