- - - - -

Horribly Congesed

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dasieydday76_*

Guest_dasieydday76_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2004 - 04:45 PM

I was wondering what you take for a decongestant because i have tried the robetussin severe congestion and it did nothing. i use CPAP and it is really hard to breathe useing it when i can't breathe through my nose. it is really annoying! I have to do to P.E in school and it is hard tto run while being so congested, i was wondering if any over-the-counter cold remedies were gluten-free?
everything appreciated

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 taneil

taneil

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 05:20 PM

There is a nasal wash called Xlear. It is made from Xylitol which is a sugar with antibacterial properties. It basically keeps stuff from sticking in you nasal passages. You might try it. I actually haven't called to see if it is gluten-free but there is nothing in it that I see as a problem. (Purified water, Xylitol, Saline and Grapefruit Seed Extract) There # is 1.877.599.5327

There is also a cleansing system called Cleanzone. With which you put your face in a gallon of warm water with one of three different solutions added. Then you blink your eyes and inhale and exhale the water in and out of your nose. (Once you clean your eyes you keep them closed while you do the nose thing.) Anyway I used is when my allergies were bad and it helped a lot. The link to more info is here: http://advancedhygie...cial_dips.shtml
Taneil
Enterolab Diagnosed May 2004
gluten-free/CF and have both genes

Psalm 27:13-14
I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. Wait for the LORD;
Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD.

#3 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:54 PM

I go to Dollar General and get the generic nasal decongestant spray. It works very well for me, and I don't have to use it all the time. Also, it is cheap, and does not make my blood pressure skyrocket.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: