#1 kejohe

kejohe

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 04:21 PM

http://www.kinnikinn...VendorIntro.pdf

Hi all, I just found this on the Kinnikinnick website and thought some of you who order gluten-free food from them might be intereseted. It's a generic letter to grocery store managers that tells them why they should consider selling the kinnikinnick products in their stores. There is room on the letter as well for you to include your comments/suggestion.

It's a easy way to get your gluten-free products locally.

Cheers!
Kathleen
Son has been gluten-free since December 2001

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Donna F

Donna F

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 05:46 PM

Oooh! I just ordered some stuff from them. Everyone here tells me it's good stuff, but I'm still waiting for it. Can't wait...

If it's as good as they say, I'll definately tell my grocer!

Thanks!

Donna

#3 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2004 - 06:14 PM

My local health food store just started carrying these products..... I was so happy!!!!! I may send it to my local Kroger which is a lot closer than the health food store :D Thank you for posting this Kathleen.

#4 zippyten

zippyten

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 10:57 AM

I was looking for a place to mention this and since Kinnikinnick has come up, here's where I'll put it. I've found all their products consistently good in the 4 months since I've been trying them out (I know some people find their bread - bagel - bun products a little sweet, which they are, but they still taste good). But I know a lot of people are discouraged about not having good cakes anymore, especially for children's birthdays, and it's very difficult to make a decent gluten-free cake from scratch.

I ordered Kinnikinnick's chocolate cake mix and it was excellent. It baked up like a souffle, light and fluffy, and I served it to company with fresh whipped cream (just whip up some heavy cream & a little sugar, or not, in a bowl with an electric mixer) and strawberries. It was delicious -- like a grownup and better-tasting version of a Devil Dog! Especially good for gluten-free kids who might miss that. I also think it would be good served with whipped cream and raspberry jam. Anyway, I'll be ordering this mix a lot and thought people might want to know it's worth trying.
Ellen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: