No replies to this topic

#1 hapi2bgf

hapi2bgf

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 06:28 AM

In trying to help my family realize that they all need to be tested for Celiacs, we had an intersting discussion about the related diseases and the many symptoms of celiacs. That seems to be my most effective way to get them to understand that they need to pay attention.

Please point out if I am wrong about some of this. After all, this is the best educated group of people that I can discuss medical issues with. This topic was meant to start a discussion on autoimmune diseases and diseases related to Celiacs.

I know that Celiacs is an autoimmune disease. I thought that when you had one autoimmune disease you are far more likely to get more autoimmune diseases. I believe thyroidism, hemachromatosis, and diabetis are automimmune disorders. Is that right? I know there are others.

In my family we have:
*hypo-thyroidism
*hemmachromatosis
*colon cancer
*colon polyps found during numerous colon cancer screenings
*IBS
*two celiacs
*adult onset diabetis
*ADD
*Alzheimers
*two maculardegeneration
*several with skin cancer
*prostate cancer
*several with miscarriages and female problems.

So, when you have an autoimmune disease, does that mean you need to get a flu shot every year? Aside from keeping up with our Celiac disease and diet concerns, do celiacs need to keep watch for any other problems in their health?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: