3 replies to this topic

#1 ryebaby0

ryebaby0

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 05:43 AM

My son started throwing up/dh yesterday afternoon, he was dx 12/03 and we've never had a gluten accident so I'm assuming that's what this is -- he didn't ingest anything non-gluten-free yesterday, and everything was food he had had before, but I don't know what else it could be. (He doesn't seem sick - no temp, etc.) Can you develop a sensitivity to "maybe" foods as you recover? I ask, because I know he had some m&ms at a friends house and while those are technically gluten-free I see lots of people seem to react to them. He never has before, but....

But he even threw up water, so now he's npo for a while. Do we start back on regular gluten-free diet today, or would you suggest treating this more like the flu, and start with clears, then a BRAT-type diet, etc.? He has other conditions that might be the problem, but I've no way to tell what happened. (And THAT is DRIVING me NUTS! I want a little diagnostic panel to pop open on his head that says "by the way, my med levels are too low to control the AE" or "Did I mention I ate off my brother's plate?")

Thanks in advance~
Joanna

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Boojca

Boojca

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 09:51 AM

Are you SURE it's not just a bug? I'm in VT and it's going around here wicked right now. I know 6 kids that are out with vomiting, diarrhea, etc... and it's just a virus that's going around. Can't wait to get it! ;-) hahaha.... This seems to be lasting about a week.

B

#3 mat4mel

mat4mel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 11:51 AM

Yeah, could be a bug... our family just got over a horrible bug. The kids acted fine but would just throw up spontaneously. Sometimes they would keep food down just fine, other times they would throw it up. This happened off and on for a week or so.

Mel

#4 ryebaby0

ryebaby0

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 03:56 PM

No, I'm not sure it isn't a bug -- he's on immunosuppressants, so that's always a possibility (he picks up stuff that other people might carry, but be asymptomatic). But he doesn't have a temp, or any other symptoms, and he hasn't been in school for days. Yeesh. Today is better though-- he kept everything in, so that's good. "Everything" was water, and late in the day he had some chicken and rice. Thanks for the input, it helps...
Mom/wife to celiacs dx 12/03 and 12/04

Success is never final and failure never fatal. It's courage that counts -George Tilton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: