18 replies to this topic

#16 Littlewolf

Littlewolf

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:14 PM

I know my BF missed pizzia and Olive Garden bread sticks. . .

If there was a pill my consern would be heath before luxury. If a pill a day could help relieve symptoms and help prevent/stop bodily damage it would be a worthwhile investment even if it wasn't a "magic cure". So much like insulin. . .it doesn't mean you can eat all the sugar you want but it makes living with it a ton easier.
[FONT=Courier] Like the shirt says: Someone I Care About ha Celiac Disease

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 02:53 PM

I agree with the others, I WOULD pay for a pill that would completely stop in it's tracks a gluten reaction from contamination! The amount I would be willing to pay would depend on how well it worked! And as I said before would like the option of preventing a reaction when eating away from home, but why would I need to buy pills to take daily just to eat anything I wanted. I'm healthier now and losing weight for the first time since I was a teenager, and believe me that is a big deal! I am an overweight Celiac who chose to do the diet before I got sick to the point of weight loss and massive intestinal damage. To chose to go back on gluten and trust my new found health to a pill just seems odd to me. It might be nice to have a pill around for when we are on vacation and are eating out at every meal, since it is awful to feel sick while on vacation.

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#18 Pegster

Pegster

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:34 PM

If there were a "Gluten-Blocker" that I could take before Thanksgiving dinner at my sister-in-law's or before a special wedding dinner, I'd shell out $5 - $10 for - it to be able to eat without worry. As for a daily pill, I'd rather stay gluten-free, I think. I'm so used to it it's not a big deal.
PEGGY
Positive DH biopsy 4/19/04

#19 WayneB

WayneB

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 11:52 AM

If a daily pill could be developed to counter celiac disease, that would be a major breakthrough. I would pay $50/month easy. That wouldn't be much to live a normal life.

I am really surprised by some of the earlier replies. A pill would make my life easier as well as my spouse's. Travel would be easier on business trips and it would be great just to have a cold Miller Lite again !!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: