Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Quick! What Brands Of Canned Sweet Potatoes Are gluten-free?

7 posts in this topic

I have Princella brand in my pantry, but I read on their website that they can't guarantee they are gluten-free. The ingredients are safe, but you never know.

I was hoping to make a sweet potato dish for my OKC Celiac meeting tonight but I certainly don't want to make myself and anyone else sick!

Thanks!

Ads by Google:
I have Princella brand in my pantry, but I read on their website that they can't guarantee they are gluten-free. The ingredients are safe, but you never know.

I was hoping to make a sweet potato dish for my OKC Celiac meeting tonight but I certainly don't want to make myself and anyone else sick!

Thanks!

I have a can of Bruces Yams. the ingredient list says Sweet potatoes, water, corn syrup, and sugar. Looks ok to me. I got them at walmart.

I have a can of Bruces Yams. the ingredient list says Sweet potatoes, water, corn syrup, and sugar. Looks ok to me. I got them at walmart.

Bruce's Yams are OK. Ate them for years with no problems. They're off my list now only because of the corn syrup.

I don't know, but I *highly* encourage the use of real sweet potatoes - much better tasting! ;)

I don't know, but I *highly* encourage the use of real sweet potatoes - much better tasting! ;)

I agree. With corn and soy allergies now, I've resorted to cooking almost everything from scratch. Instead of canned sweet potatoes, I bake my own. Everything about them is better than canned. Plus, things like sweet potatoes and waffles leave a nice aroma in the kitchen. I love coming home, opening the kitchen door and getting a whiff of the waffles I cooked for breakfast. It's a great welcome home.

I've ate the Bruces a few times with no problems except the fact that they taste like crappy canned yams.

Go the extra mile and cook fresh ones, your guests with thank you by cleaning their plates!