3 replies to this topic

#1 Sandyo

Sandyo

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 02:49 PM

I was recently admitted to the hopsital for test on my heart because it was beating VERY hard and I was out of breath in very little exertion (and I'm a triathlete). They couldn't find anything wrong. But last night I was mixing up some cookies (with wheat flour) and my heart started doing it again and I was breathless just trying to mix the dough and eat a corn chip. Has anyone had this happen to them. I've been gluten free for 6 months now and I have to admit I haven't been extremely carefull to find "hidden" gluten in items. Am I becoming more intolerant to it now that I'm not eating it? Or at least not eating very much of it.

Also, has anyone else had a rash that goes away with Acutane but keeps comming back when you stop taking Acutane? It was biopsied and they say it's Grover's disease. It didn't use to ich but is starting to.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sandy
Sandy O
Gluten free since July 2006

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Nancym

Nancym

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 04:00 PM

I used to carb cycle and on my high carb days I'd get a strong, fast heartbeat. Looking back I think it might have been a reaction to all the gluten I was eating.

#3 Guest_cassidy_*

Guest_cassidy_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2006 - 11:20 PM

When I get glutened my heart races and I feel very shaky. I have also read that this is a symptom of being allergic/intolerant to a food.

I wouldn't recommend baking with wheat flour. That just sounds scary to me. My mom can't even be in a house where something with gluten is baking or her throat feels like it is closing up.

I have definitely gotten more sensitive since going gluten-free, even a crumb will have me sick for days.

#4 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 01:39 PM

That sounds like you have an allergy to wheat on top of being gluten intolerant. You will need to stop using regular flour in your house. In fact, don't allow wheat flour in your house at all, give it away. It is not safe for you to have it around.
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: